The building in the background is the bathroom (one of the best rooms of the lot) The building next to the main house is the old cheese making building and could now be changed into a small kitchen. The final building is a small single bed room.
The houses are reached down a dirt track, that is about 1 Km long. The drive from the dirt track is about a 35 degree slope and 100M long. At the end of the drive is a flat area just about big enough to turn a car.
My initial thoughts about the place was it is a lot smaller than it looked on the web. Also it looks a bit run down and not well kept. But the location is beautiful with pine, almond, chestnut and fruit trees. The following are what I feel are the good and bad points:
- Some of the buildings have no planing permission - this seems to be not as much of a problem as in the UK.
- Rooms are small but usable, with imagination.
- Electrical fittings need work.
- Electric has been cut off and meter removed.
- Layout of the land is not good.
- There is some evidence that a forest fire has been within 100 to 120 m of the house in the past.
- Possible that one of the doors has been forced in the near past.
- Quite a bit of the land needs shoring up (but what do you expect on the side of a hill).
- Will be in the clouds for some of the winter (min temp around 5 deg C)
- The place is very quite and peaceful - not over looked.
- Is within 10 to 20 minuets walk of the local shop and Bus stop
- Has a lot of promise to become a very personalised place.
- Has a lot of character
- Has established fruit trees, not many but some nice ones.