Friday, January 04, 2008

I Feel a Rant Comming On

I think the local postman is nuts, and does not like foreigners. In the past I gave him the benefit of the doubt as it was possible that he left the mail at the bottom of the road and someone on the pista brought it up as they walked up. But know I know that he comes up the pista on his scooter. So why does he want US to put a mailbox at the bottom of the pista and not everyone else! He says that it is because our drive is dangerous for him to park his bike. Well I would agree with him there - its not flat! But the drive for next door is only a yard away and that is flat! There is another house that has had to do the same thing and they are Dutch... So I think he just does not like foreigners.. (though from what I hear he is not that popular as he is from the mainland)
The other problem is that I don't have enough Spanish to tell him what I think of him.. Oh well I think we will end up giving in - maybe with a little not on the box, like:
This box has been placed at the bottom of this hill as the postman can not walk 5 yards....
End of Rant... I think I may feel a little better...

No comments: