Thursday, May 14, 2009

At last some work on the Kitchen

After two years of living with a hole in the wall between the dining room and the kitchen we have started to make the hole an artistic arch... (OK it may take another two years to get it done the way things have been going)
First we must run a few power feeds.... just a few.
The reason for this is that the main switches for the kitchen lights, outside lights and for the hot water heater are going to be located on the inside of the arch so they need to be put in before the left side of the arch is cast in concrete.
While I was excavating the base of the arch, for the cabling I found that the wall just sits on the ground ... only a few inches below the floor... I think that this was rock about 50 or 60 years ago when the house was built but now its a sort of hard clay... A little worrying but mostly OK... (I hope), so I have to dig a little deeper and wider than I wanted and then cast a foundation for the side of the arch. Now I just need to wait for that to set before I can cast the base of the arch.

No comments: