Thursday, April 01, 2010

What´s Behind the Red Door

Finally after 3 months work the solar power huts are now watertight (well mostly, still need to do a bit of rendering) with the fiting of the doors.

These doors are home made out of ply (was suppose to be marine ply but I have my doubts) with air vents at the bottom.

The main problem was the hinges, I wanted nice rustic hinges for the doors that fit on the face, but could not get any that fitted onto the frames as that part was too big so had to cut them down….DSCF3301 which task took quite a bit of sawing with a hacksaw and some black enamel paint to stop them rusting.

The battery huts doors were fitted first about a week ago. and then today we finally fitted the power hut doors. Hurray!!!!!

DSCF3305

DSCF3312

They seem to look quit good… Now all I have to do is get all the bits inside them…

1 comment:

Teleny said...

The things you have achieved are amazing. I really enjoy reading how the work on your house is progressing. As I have been working on my house in Los Llanos, it is interesting to see something so different. Sadly, things have not quite worked out as I anticipated here in La Palma & I will be returning to the UK in September...but I will continue to follow your great adventure here...Keep at it!