Saturday, June 02, 2007

Things are getting on top of me

Every morning I wake up and no mater what I got done the day before seem to be faced with a list of things to do that is a mile long.... There are times when my head spins just trying to work out what to do next.

Have got one set of windows primed and all the glass put back in. I have done windows before, both in the UK and America (USA), but here the putty (when you can get it) seems to not want to stay put. The window I did two days ago has putty running down the frames.... It seems to take about a week for it to set.. I am not sure if it is just the wrong sort of Putty or due to the weather. Mind you most people use bathroom sealant to put windows in. The only problem with that was that most of the pains that had been put in with sealant have fallen out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ladies, I know you wanted to get to La Palma to get away from Project Plans and the like but some simple project management would help here. The reality is that you can only accomplish so much in one day so the key is I.P.D.

Identify the tasks to be done
Prioritise them Low to High
Distribute and schedule them in a written plan.

Forget about the mediums and lows for now - they are just not important until you have accomplished the Highs! So segment your day and set tasks against each segment; include realistic time for meal breaks, admin and contingency (adequate buffer zone needed for this). Hopefully some small planning steps, mapped out on paper (no need to use complex tools or anything) shoud help you see some clear light at the end of the tunnel.

Sorry if I am teaching my grandmothers to suck eggs here but I thought I would put in my four pennyworth :)

Anonymous said...

Andy, how cruel of you to refer to Helen and Theresa as Grandmothers..

Also putty not staying put? surly using a unix terminal emulator is never going to solve your windows problems ?!


Mark