Saturday, February 09, 2008

It's Broke

As I am typing this I am at Sheila's.

Carlos is outside trying to put the suspension back together on the Berlingo. We took it in last week to get the tires changed as they were badly worn (even though they were only 6 months old) and to check the alignment. However they discovered that the ball joints on the bottom of the suspension were badly worn and needed replacing. Hence why the car was eating tires. We got the parts and this weekend we stayed overnight so that Carlos could change the parts today, however like most things on our berlingo it would seem that the parts are non standard so we are having to put the old ones back until next weekend when the correct parts should be here.

It's not the only thing that I have discovered broken this week. While trying out some of my astronomy equipment this week I discovered that my tru-tech filter wheel is broken. I have been in contact with Ian King who I brought the wheel from and luckily there is somebody else on the Island that I know who also had a problem with his wheel and might have some spare electronics to help me repair it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wondered what the visit from Carlos was about! Did you receive the photos he took of my kit?

Here just a lot of dead bugs (chips) from my own filter wheel problems unfortunately, but as I said further down your blog, an email to Nick at TrueTech will hopefully sort things out.

I know Ian King very well. Him and Nik will be out on LP this summer for another imaging sesh ;-)

A nice blog BTW you have. Keep up the good work. Not sure if you have my email address as its not visible from the front page of my website.

FYI its: ellis dot mills at ya dot com I hope that will deter the spamming as I get enough of that already... Keep mixing that cement :-)

Cheers John