Friday, September 18, 2009

I'm a big girl now

Yes, I am a big girl now.

Every year in September I have to go and do the paperwork to sign on as self employed. This involves going to the Hacienda (Tax Office) Filling in a form (Cost 1 euro). then taking that form to the counter and getting it stamped, then off you go all the way into town as the Tax Office is on the road out of town by the port, to get the forms photocopied. Then you walk all the way back to the Social Security offices which are next door to the Hacienda to fill in another form and go to the desk to get it stamped. Then they give you a bit of paper that you have to take to the bank to pay this months contributions So it then its back into town to the bank.

This year I managed to do all the paperwork with out assistance and without having to have somebody along to translate.

I would like to thank Sheila for all the times she has helped me with this in the past.

1 comment:

Sheila, Canary Islands said...

You're welcome. Although I will admit that it's nice not to have to get organised around things like translating for paperwork.