Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Doors

One thing we wanted to complete before the winter rains came was the back or kitchen door, this not only needed stripping of paint, but also all the glass had to be taken out and refitted using new bits of wood that we had cut and prepared. So with all that done Helen began the tricky task of refitting all the glass, one slip and the glass could smash and we didn’t have any spare.

DSCF4200

Also the panels at the lower half of the door were badly damaged so we used some flat panels of wood to cover them on the inside.

DSCF4199 Also at this point a new lock and handle we fitted, so the door can be locked with a key instead of the bolts that it had before.

 DSCF4203 On the outside of the door we fitted a strip to push the water off the step and rebuilt the hole and fitted a completely new cat flap.

DSCF4204

Monday, October 01, 2012

Oven Ready

About two weeks ago we thought we were about to have a momentous moment, the kitchen wiring was all done, and all that we had to do was install the oven that we had purchased about a year after we arrived.DSCF4195 So we unwrapped the oven connected a plug an turned it on. so far so good. We started to run the oven for an hour as the instructions stated, but after 5 minutes it blew the leakage trip. We investigated and discovered that the insulation on the top element was failing. Running the oven with the element disconnected seemed to fix it, but after leaving it to stand overnight, the problem returned.
So after a bit of hunting on the web I was able to find the local service dealers and a few weeks and 40€ later we had a new element. DSCF4198 This was soon fitted and now the oven is installed and functioning perfectly. Now I can by a chicken without worrying if it will fit.

DSCF4197

There was an error in this gadget